A body wash is the fancier version of traditional soap, which many people consider a soothing, hygienic, and hassle-free alternative. Ever since conventional bar soap has got the reputation of being harsh on the skin, body wash has become a popular bath essential. So what is a body wash? How is it different from soaps? Do you choose a body wash?
A body wash is a mild cleanser suitable to dislodge dirt off your skin surface. The pollutants, sweat, dust particles and dirt in the surroundings get deposited on the skin surface. These agents get mixed with natural body oils, which later become a breeding ground for bacteria leading to skin problems. This is where body wash come into the picture. Body wash breaks this oily layer apart and clears the skin off these pathogens.
Hence, a body wash is a must-have for a clean, fresh and nourished look.
How do you differentiate between body wash and bar soap?
By checking their consistency, colour, price, and fragrance. Correct, but not quite there. Below I have listed the top three differences for better understanding.
What Is Its Effect On The Skin?
Soap bars feel harsher on the skin than body wash. Soap bar cleaners can irritate the skin and alter the body pH level. In addition, they also remove essential lipids and proteins from the skin surface. On the other hand, body washes have a silky texture that feels soft on the skin. It glides smoothly on the skin, making it look healthy and plump.
What Are The Ingredients?
Soap bar contains strong chemical agents that strip away the natural body oils of the skin, making it dull and dry. On the other hand, body wash contains moisturising ingredients that solve skin concerns. It gently cleanses the body and restores the skin moisture lost in the daily cleaning process. Body wash can also address skin troubles like dryness, clogged pores and flaky skin. Over time, the ingredients in the body wash help improve the skin texture without losing their charm.
Is It Skin-Friendly?
As per the research, it is essential to rehydrate your body after a shower. Soap bars can be a little more abrasive and leave the skin dry. On the other hand, body wash hydrates and nourishes the skin while cleaning it. The body wash is a must-have in dry and cold weather.
How Do You Choose A Body Wash?
The choice between body wash and soap ultimately comes down to personal preference and skin sensitivity. The intense hydrating properties of body wash make it a suitable choice for sensitive-skin people out there. Below mentioned are a few things to consider before choosing a perfect body wash for soft and smooth skin.
- Know your skin type and select accordingly.
- Opt for natural ingredients.
- Ensure body wash is free from toxins, parabens, sulphates or silicones.
- Avoid body wash that foams or lathers a lot.
Talking about natural body wash, I suggest choosing Skivia’s Lavender Body Wash with Aloe Vera & Basil Extracts. Made in India, this wash is free from sulphate, paraben, toxins, and silicones.
This lavender-infused body wash soothes the senses and calms the nerves & skin. Made with aloe vera, basil, turmeric, and a few more natural ingredients, this nourishing and fast-foaming body wash makes the skin feel clean, soft and refreshed.
- Lavender has antiseptic properties that prevent infections and aid in a faster skin healing process.
- Aloe Vera gel has a calming feature that heals and cools irritated skin affected by sunburn, rashes, infection, redness or itchiness.
- Basil extracts keep your skin blemish and acne-free by repelling the bacteria responsible for breakouts.
- Turmeric contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory components, which enhance the skin lustre.
- Mulethi protects the skin from sun damage and brightens skin. It also fades scars caused by acne or injuries.
How To Use It?
- Take a dollop of body wash on a loofah.
- Work up a lather on a wet body. Please do not over-scrub it.
- Rinse off with water for smooth skin.
- Follow it up with a moisturizer to seal the moisture.
In my opinion, body wash is definitely better than bar soaps. This soapy solution is easy to use and hygienic as well. Honestly, I am a very picky person, so I always prefer natural products and different fragrances. Thanks to Skivia’s skincare range, I had many options like Moringa, Teakwood, British Tea Rose, Witch Hazel and many more scents to choose from.