What Is A Face Serum?A face serum is nothing but a blend of active ingredients, which targets many skin concerns. These ingredients are powerful and effective. They penetrate the outer layers of the skin. Hence it works on the root cause of the problem, repairing the skin from within.
The best thing about a face serum is it increases the moisture content of the skin, making it look plump, dewy & fresh. It improves the skin texture while strengthening the skin barrier. Face serum helps in brightening, reducing acne, fighting ageing concerns, etc.
Why You Should Use A Face Serum?Here are the top 10 reasons why you should include a face serum in your daily routine.
- Helps retain moisture in the skin
- Reduces signs of fatigue which often happens due to lack of sleep or stress
- Reduces signs of ageing - fine lines, wrinkles, blemishes & pigmentation
- Fight the cause of acne and reduces further breakout
- Makes skin look youthful & radiant
- Protects skin from environmental damage
- Improves the skin’s barrier further it makes texture better
- Reduces enlarged pores by unclogging them
- Fights discolouration and evens out the skin tone
- Promotes cellular regeneration
How To Choose The Right Face Serums For Your Skin Type?
Yes, serums offer a lot of benefits to your skin. But the selection is very crucial to get the most out of it. You must know your skin type first then which face serums are best for you. To determine the best face serum you must know which ingredients it contains and what it does.
The easiest way to find out is to read the product label as it contains all the information you are looking for. Skivia has 11 face serums for different skin types. Read and find out what you need.
- Vitamin C Face Serum - For all skin types
- Kumkumadi Face Serum - For normal to dry skin
- Anti-Acne Face Serum - For acne-prone skin
- Oil Control Face Serum - For oily skin
- Glass Skin Face Serum - For all skin types
- 24K Pure Gold Face Serum - For all skin types
- Anti-Ageing Face Serum - For all skin types
- Retinol Face Serum - For all skin types
- Skin Protein Face Serum - For all skin types
- Lactic & Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum - For all skin types
- Green Tea Seed Face Serum - For all skin types
The Guide To Using Face Serum For Glowing SkinOnly the right face serums will help you get the desired outcomes. To choose the right one you must know the following things:
- Skin type
- Skin concerns that you have such as ageing, acne, pigmentation, dryness and dullness.
- Nutrient deficiencies
- Basic knowledge of ingredients that are used in serums. For example, niacinamide & salicylic acid help fight acne. Hyaluronic acid boosts moisture retention. Retinol fights signs of ageing.
- Similarly, there are lots of ingredients that you might need. Hence the basic knowledge would help a lot.
- Many serums contain nasty chemicals such as paraben, sulphate, silicone and other toxins. You must stay away from them.
VerdictFace serums can do a lot only if you know what to choose. With Skivia, the selection of the right serum gets easy. Because we have a wide range of face serums which focuses on various skin concerns. Every product has properties mentioned on the label, helping you choose the right one for you. So, explore the serum army from Skivia, and thank us later!
FAQsQ. Should I use face serum every day?
Ans. Yes, face serum boosts the immune system of the skin and gives your skin a new life. By protecting the skin from environmental damage. The serum repairs the cells and restores the glow. In today’s fast life when you don’t have time to indulge in a time-taking skincare regime, you really need a face serum.
Q. Do serums really work?
Ans. Yes, face serums have higher concentrations of active ingredients and essential oils. Face serum contains more water content. Hence penetrates deeper into the skin to work below the epidermis. They fight skin problems at the root and heal the skin from within. It changes the skin texture dramatically, and you get younger-looking radiant skin. Thanks to all those active ingredients!
Q. Do you need a moisturizer after face serum?
Ans. Yes, you need a moisturizer to seal the moisture content and other goodness of serum into the skin.
Q. Can I use face serum under my eyes?
Ans. Yes, you must apply a face serum all over your face and neck.
Q. Which is better serum or cream?
Ans. No, both are very different in terms of texture, ingredients, and results. A face serum is an emulsion of active ingredients and oils. It is water-based and get’s absorbed faster. It works below the epidermis which means it penetrates deeper into the skin. Thus serums repair skin from within.
But, moisturizers have a thick consistency and are cream based. Thus they can’t penetrate the epidermis and works only on the outermost layer of skin. Moisturizers create a protective barrier to prevent moisture loss and other environmental damage.
Q. What should I apply after face serum?
Ans. You should seal the goodness of a face serum with a face moisturizer. It helps lock in the moisture for a longer time by creating a protective layer. In the end, use a broader spectrum sunscreen (SPF 30+) to protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun.
Q. What is the best serum to reduce wrinkles?
Ans. An anti-ageing face serum or retinol face serum is the best to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. It fights fine lines and other signs of ageing such as pigmentation. This serum adds glow to your skin and makes it look younger.